For a city that claims to have the largest concentration of castles, Cardiff does not really require a royal bank balance to find a temporary shelter on your travels. Be it for business or pleasure, there are a number of cheap hotels in Cardiff available for you.
Already spent a fortune on the match or concert ticket, and want a sensible option to stay? Cheap does not have to mean tacky here. Even in the summer, when tourists flock in and drive the hotel rates up, Cardiff has very good options for budget accommodations, under and around the 50-pound mark.
Some of the best-rated cheap hotels Cardiff has to offer:
– Premier Inn: Premier Inn has six establishments in Cardiff and while the one in the city center is slightly more expensive, you can find lower rates — as low as £43 — at the others.
– Number 62: A quaint bed and breakfast. Most of the city attractions can be reached on foot in 10-20 minutes. Rooms, equipped with Flat screen TVs and free wi-fi, start at £60.
– Tanes Hotel: It is one of the most popular cheap hotels in Cardiff. While double/twin rooms with shared bathrooms are available at £48, you have an en-suite option for £60. A full-English breakfast is offered at £5 surcharge.
– Sandringham hotel: Doubles start at £60, inclusive of breakfast. Located centrally, it’s a sensible non-glitzy option.
– Future Inn Cardiff Bay: Situated right in the heart of Cardiff Bay, their basic rooms, booked at least 21 days in advance, start at £55. Free wifi and parking are available, and the rooms can accommodate up to four people.
– Sleeperz hotel: Stylish, compact air-conditioned rooms are priced at £55. It’s a superb rate for a hotel located in the city center, and only a minute away from the railway station. Also has free wi-fi and tea/coffee maker in the room.
– Big Sleep hotel: Standard double room starts at £36, inclusive of breakfast, at this ‘designer budget hotel’. Only a five-minute walk from the railway station, the hotel offers panoramic views of the city and was voted the ‘coolest hotel’ by Conde Nast.
– The Royal Hotel Cardiff: Located close to the Millenium stadium and the Cardiff Castle, the hotel is in a beautiful Victorian building. Built in 1866, it is Cardiff’s oldest hotel. Room rates start at £55 with breakfast available for an additional £9.
Apart from these, there are establishments from popular chains like Ibis, Holiday Inn, Mercure, Novotel, Copthorne, Radisson Blu and Travelodge in the city. In keeping with one of the soundest practices of traveling, try and book in advance to get more bang for your buck.
With so many options available, it might be a little daunting choosing the right one, suited to your exact needs. Let the experts help. Log on to http://Cheaphotelsincardiff.co.uk for the latest information and deals on cheap hotels in Cardiff. Not only does the website have real-time updates on dates and prices in your local currency, it is also a great resource for hotel reviews and details about the city’s biggest attractions.